Date posted: 7/24/17
The Sumter Item, a family owned paper in the heart of South Carolina, is offering a great opportunity for a proven Advertising Director to lead our advertising sales team.
We are looking for an energetic leader who is dedicated to leading and teaching our team, achieving or surpassing sales goals, as well as focusing on delivering value to our customers.
Competitive candidates will be:
• Able to develop and execute advertising sales plans to achieve print and digital revenue goals. This will include the ability to analyze market conditions and competitive business situations, identify new business opportunities, and implement creative sales strategies.
• A digital leader who is knowledgeable about digital technologies and has a proven track-record of being able to drive digital sales performance.
• Collaborative, with the ability to work with other department heads, our sales staff and the publisher to develop and execute short- and long-term strategies that bring revenue opportunities and innovative approaches to our market.
• Hands-on, with budgeting and forecasting skills, and a talent for coaching sales professionals and sales management, as well as managing a team to maximize their potential and build long-term client relationships.
Other qualifications include:
• A bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing, business administration or other relevant area. Appropriate experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
• A minimum of five years advertising sales leadership experience and previous success as a print and online sales performer. Candidates with relevant newspaper industry experience are strongly preferred.
• P&L experience, with knowledge of forecasting and modeling tools.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• The ability to learn and use a variety of software programs, including a CRM system.
We’ve been investing in our products. We have a flexible and powerful new website, a variety of successful niche products and a recently redesigned print newspaper with modular advertising, so you’ll have some strong products to work with. Our family believes in newspapers and in providing quality products to our communities.
Compensation includes a base salary commensurate with experience and a performance-based bonus opportunity.
Owned by Osteen Publishing Co., we offer excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, 401K and more.