Date posted: 10/3/17
Retail/National Sales Manager
The primary responsibility of the Sales Manager is to increase print and digital advertising revenues by actively engaging with MMSE’s in field calls, client visits and overall revenue driving activities. This position directly affects and is responsible for achieving or exceeding print and digital revenue in the market.
• Consistently meets/exceeds all print and digital revenue targets
• Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of all GateHouse Media sales and marketing assets, including all newspaper products, digital products and digital marketing services (Propel) and able to transfer the knowledge to direct reports
• Follows GateHouse prescribed best practices on Pipeline Management and Gap Analysis, reviews all required sales process activities and provides direction and feedback to increase closing ratios
• Reviews market activities to develop new business by understanding customer needs and selling products and services that provide value to the customer
• Drives customer retention through excellent customer service and in person visits
• Effectively communicates with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-)
• Ensures that the team consistently meets and/or exceeds revenue goals. Always aware of performance to goal; measures sales executive performance by revenue to goal, quarterly and annually. Ensures that high levels of performance are always top of mind
• Holds staff accountable to revenue goals, objectives, KPIs and other metrics. Creates effective formal activity metrics for staff
• Spends significant time with MMSEs visiting customers in the field with the purpose of deepening account relationships; uses these opportunities to coach staff
• Knowledge of competitive media landscape; use for new business development and sales analysis
• Ability to coach and develop cold calling and other prospecting techniques including social media where applicable
• Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed through others
• Ability to close new business and lead a team to exceed sales targets
• Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results, and coaching others to do so
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations
• Strong networking and community involvement skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Herald-Tribune encourages applications from those with diverse backgrounds. The Herald-Tribune is a DRUG FREE environment.
For consideration email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.