Date posted: 10/3/17
Do you enjoy planning and hosting parties?
Then you have come to the right place.
The Herald-Tribune is seeking an Events Manager.
The Events Manager will be responsible for establishing and scaling local events to promote the Herald-Tribune brand, develop client relationships, connect with our community and drive revenue. We are seeking a high energy, detailed-oriented team member who is a big thinker and is comfortable balancing many moving pieces at once.
• Research event opportunities and regional tradeshows to identify areas of potential Herald-Tribune participation and ownership.
• Work closely with all Operating Committee members to review opportunities and select events strategically to align with the goals of the Herald-Tribune’s News Operations, Sales and Marketing departments.
• Create and manage comprehensive event marketing plans that include messaging and logistical planning, pre-event through post-event marketing, e-mail communications, website advertising, social media engagement and preparation of collateral and other creative deliverables presented at the event.
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, and 5 years of experience in project management and/or events execution, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
• Clear understanding of event marketing as it applies to company campaigns and strategies.
• Exceptional project management skills.
• Detail oriented, excellent organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple complex tasks.
• Ability to accurately forecast event revenue and expenses.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Herald-Tribune encourages applications from those with diverse backgrounds. The Herald-Tribune is a DRUG FREE environment.