Date posted: 4/13/18
Works with the Executive Director and the Communications Director to plan and execute strategies that promote the organization’s brand and programs, address the needs of the organizations’ different constituencies, champion the newspaper industry, grow membership and member engagement, and spotlight the value of the organizations’ programs and services.
This full-time, salaried position reports to the Executive Director.
No relocation required. SNPA employees work remotely and receive medical, disability, vision and life insurance, 401k and other benefits.
• Develop and implement a strategic communications plan to advance SNPA’s brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities, and increase member perception of its value.
• Review and improve current marketing communications, editorial content and member touch-points.
• Implement tactics to generate maximum marketing impact from social media, inbound marketing, email, newsletters, video, and peer-to-peer marketing.
• Collaborate with the Membership Director and Membership Committee to design and implement member recruitment and retention campaigns.
• Analyze Salesforce, email and website analytics to measure current levels of member engagement, and develop strategies that foster deeper engagement levels.
• Calculate the “value” of SNPA programs and services, develop systems to track participation in Salesforce, and communicate the value received by member companies in exchange for their dues.
• Establish ongoing member feedback mechanisms, like surveys, online polls, Net Promoter Scores, focus groups, one-on-one depth interviews and phone calls.
• Develop a more dynamic partnership with SNPA’s R&D members that increases the value of their memberships, raises their levels of participation at meetings, and enlists their engagement in programs designed to share knowledge with newspapers.
• Work with R&D members to develop a new newsletter that spotlights technology and services that help newspapers increase revenue, cut costs and improve efficiency.
• Prepare talking points, speeches, presentations, and other material to help SNPA and its members combat negative perceptions about newspapers and local media entities.
• Portray SNPA as a dominant leader in assisting the newspaper industry in achieving sustained long-term success.
• Develop a marketing plan to differentiate SNPA from other industry groups.
• Position SNPA as the most valuable newspaper industry organization for providing relevant ideas, timely inspiration and insightful interpretation.
Southern Newspaper Publishers Association is a not-for-profit trade association based in Atlanta, Ga. The association’s mission is to assist its 600+ member organizations and the newspaper industry in achieving sustained long-term success through networking, programs and services that deliver outstanding return on membership investment.