Date posted: 11/29/18
We are looking for an individual who has experience leading sales and retention efforts related to both print and digital subscription audiences. This position reports directly to the President of the newspaper.
You will manage and lead all aspects of establishing and acquiring print and digital subscription sales as well as maximizing single copy sales. This position works in concert with other staff members within the department to help support and communicate challenges, goals and accomplishments that affect the team in regards to sales volume and retention of existing subscriptions.
The ideal candidate is motivated, well organized, and a strategic individual who has a deep understanding of prospecting and developing strong relationships with customers and vendors. They will provide complete and appropriate solutions for meeting the department's objective.
• Manages activities to drive the print home delivery and online order generation efforts, the sales of single copy, NIE, and third party bulk of the Chattanooga Times Free Press.
• Trains staff on product value, sales techniques, procedures and polices relating to subscription and single copy sales.
• Leads and/or participates in multiple projects and assists the staff in day to day functions and special assignments.
• Utilizes critical strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
• Incorporates appropriate tracking efforts to ensure targets are successfully met.
• Stands ready to perform additional duties as necessary to meet changing expectations and department initiatives.
• Intermediate level in Microsoft Office software packages (Excel, Word, Progress, PowerPoint).
• Preferred College Degree
• Proficient in DTI/NewsCycle CIS.
An Equal Opportunity Employer