SNPA's NEX GEN mentor program helps newspaper employees with executive potential develop leadership skills and grow professionally.
NEX GEN protégés and their mentors will craft their own agenda, schedule times to talk by phone at least once a month, and set a time for a personal visit.
SNPA also arranges group video conference calls for participants about every six weeks and invites the group to participate in online networking opportunities with key industry executives.
The NEX GEN Class of 2018-19 includes:
- Mark Adams, audience acquisition and retention manager for The Post and Courier in Charleston, S.C.
- Ethan Aden, digital sales manager for the Northwest Florida Daily News, Fort Walton Beach, Fla.
- Mickie Anderson, local news editor at The Gainesville Sun, Gainesville, Fla.
- Tonya Maddox, publisher of the Montrose Daily Press, Montrose, Colo.
- Cliff McCollum, managing editor of Gulf Coast Media, Foley, Ala.
- Andrea Vick, local sales manager for the Austin American-Statesman, Austin, Texas.
Read bios of 2018-19 NEX GEN participants. MORE
One-size-fits-all is no more true in digital services agency business models than in any other industry revenue initiative. This session at the SNPA-Inland Annual Meeting looks at two approaches to digital agencies: the single-location, high-end and local fulfillment service model represented by The Oklahoman's BigWing, and the multi-location, SMB-focused, local fulfillment service model that WEHCO Digital Media's Flypaper is pursuing.
No matter the approach, this session will tackle the questions most on publishers' minds: How are the agencies structured and built – and are they profitable?MORE
Veteran journalist Emily Weaver has been named managing editor of The Daily Record in Dunn, N.C., and The Mount Olive Tribune.More
Read about the latest job openings posted on the SNPA website. And, send us your listings to post at no cost.More