Last chance to apply to take part in the Carmage Walls Leadership Forum
Apply by Aug. 11 to be part of this program
Next Monday is the deadline to apply to take part in the 2014 Carmage Walls Leadership Forum, to be held Sept. 14-16 at The Tremont House in Galveston, Texas. Those selected to participate will be notified by Friday, Aug. 15.
The program provides publishers of SNPA's small newspapers a venue to explore the issues most important to them and to mine the industry's best minds for practical solutions. The agenda will be set entirely by those who attend, through a questionnaire that attendees will be asked to complete in advance of the meeting.
Dolph Tillotson, president of Southern Newspapers Inc., will serve as the moderator of the Forum. He is an expert at steering discussion toward practical solutions to our industry's challenges. He also believes that community newspapers have a strong, profitable and important future – so you can be assured that this program will focus on positive actions publishers are taking to succeed in today's marketplace.
This powerful – and empowering – program is always rated very highly among participants,
Here are a few comments from previous participants:
- (This conference was) "hands down the best meeting I've attended in a long time. I left excited, my head full of ideas and enthusiastic about getting started. What made the difference was hearing all the positive reinforcement and a contagious can-do spirit that filled the room."
- "It was one of the best meetings I've attended because of the format. I like the open, free-flowing discussions and the exchange of ideas. Part of that, I think, was because we had such a good mix of people. But also, we weren't tied to a firm agenda and didn't have to make time for speakers and presentations."
- "I came away feeling very upbeat and inspired. Having discussion topics that were important to us was very beneficial."
- "I have been to many two-day meetings, but this absolutely was the best. The discussion was honest, open and sincere. I also came away feeling much better about our industry knowing that these folks are involved and will be right beside me if needed."
If you have questions, please call Edward VanHorn at the SNPA office in Atlanta: (404) 256-0444.
- 10 a.m. – Programmatic Buying Basics – Kirk MacDonald
- 10:40 a.m. – Where the Dollars are Going and Where They Aren't – Kirk MacDonald
- 11:20 a.m. – Creating LIONshare – Conrad Jungmann, with an early peek at a Reynolds Journalism Institute project. He'll share information about an open platform media planning tool that publishers can freely access to divert dollars from remnant ad networks to local publishers that generate premium content.