Print First: Strategies that are growing print volumes
Featured session: Monday, Sept. 11
SNPA - Inland Annual Meeting
Colorado Springs, Colo.
With Aaron Kotarek, vice president, circulation, Oahu Publications, Inc., Honolulu, Hawaii
Think print has left the station? Not so fast, folks.
During next month's SNPA-Inland Annual Meeting, Aaron Kotarek will discuss how the Honolulu Star-Advertiser has bucked the national trend over the past five years to grow overall print volumes through a diversified product portfolio approach using print centric strategies and tactics.
For those who still believe in the future of print, this is a must-attend session.
Kotarek joined Oahu Publications, Inc. in May of 2015 as vice president, circulation. He is responsible for overall audience growth, revenue enhancement, digital platform engagement and distribution/transportation logistics for the media company's entire print and digital product portfolio.
Oahu Publications, Inc. is the State of Hawaii's largest media company and publishes a diverse array of print and digital products, including the nation's 12th largest daily newspaper, the Honolulu-Star Advertiser. Prior to arriving in Honolulu, he was vice president of audience development at McClatchy's Herald Leader Media operation based in Lexington, Ky.
Kotarek has also held various executive management positions within several large media chains, including: Thomson, A.H. Belo, Cox Enterprises, Morris Communications, the Omaha World-Herald Company, and Ottaway-Dow Jones. While at Thomson Newspapers, Kotarek was twice awarded the prestigious President's Award for Marketing Excellence by Thomson President & CEO Stuart Garner.
Register and Reserve Your Hotel Room:
- REGISTER to attend (A discounted rate of $595 is available for first-time newspaper executives who have not previously attended the Inland Annual Convention or the SNPA News Industry Summit.)
- RESERVE your hotel room: The Broadmoor is sold out. Please contact Karla Zander at the Inland Press Association at (847) 795-0380 for assistance with hotel reservations.
- BE A SPONSOR OR EXHIBITOR to meet industry decision makers:
- Download a PDF listing opportunities
- Register as a sponsor/exhibitor (limited spots are still available)
- Become a sponsor of the Associate Member Welcome Reception