David Dunn-Rankin nominated as president of SNPA for 2015-16
SNPA members will elect officers for 2015-16 on Monday afternoon, Oct. 5, in Savannah, Ga.
It's not too late to register:
View the conference program
View a list of attendees registered for the Summit
Online registration for delegates and spouses
Online registration for sponsors and exhibitors
Register on paper (printed PDF)
In addition to Dunn-Rankin, the following nominations will be made for officers:
- Chairman: Charles Hill Morris, regional manager, Morris Multimedia, Atlanta, Ga.
- President-Elect: Christopher Reen, president and publisher of The Oklahoman in Oklahoma City.
- Treasurer: Les Simpson, publisher of the Amarillo Globe-News in Amarillo, Texas.
Six directors will be elected to three-year terms:
- Ricky R. Mathews, president and publisher of The Times-Picayune in New Orleans, as the director from Louisiana.
- Clay Foster, president, publisher and CEO of Journal Inc., in Tupelo, as the director from Mississippi.
- David Woronoff, publisher of The Pilot in Southern Pines, as the director from North Carolina.
- Patrick Birmingham, president and publisher of the Knoxville News Sentinel in Knoxville, as the director from Tennessee.
- Matthew Gray, senior vice president and general counsel of CNHI, as the new director from Oklahoma to replace Chris Reen. Gray previously represented West Virginia.
- And, Pat Richardson, president and publisher of The Virginian-Pilot in Norfolk, as an at-large director.
The Nominating Committee also nominated a new director from West Virginia: Susan Chilton Shumate, the new publisher of the Charleston Gazette-Mail. She will replace Matthew Gray, who becomes the Oklahoma director.
The other members of the SNPA Board of Directors are:
- Paul Barbetta, chief operating officer of the Houston Chronicle, the director from Texas.
- Pamela J. Browning, president and publisher of The Post and Courier, Charleston, the director from South Carolina.
- Tim Burke, publisher and editor of The Palm Beach Post, West Palm Beach, the director from Florida.
- Patrick Dorsey, president and publisher, Herald-Tribune Media Group, Sarasota, Fla., an at-large director.
- Rufus Friday, president and publisher of the Lexington Herald-Leader, the director from Kentucky.
- Eliza Hussman Gaines, vice president of audience development, WEHCO Media Inc., Little Rock, the director from Arkansas.
- Terry H. Jamerson, publisher of The Roanoke Times, the director from Virginia.
- Derek J. May, executive vice president, Morris Publishing Group, Augusta, the director from Georgia.
- Grant Moise, senior vice president, business development and niche products, The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, Texas, an at-large director.
- Pam Siddall, president of Advance Central Services, Wilmington, Del., the director from Alabama.
- Jason Taylor, president and publisher of the Las Vegas Review-Journal, an at-large director.