Donna Barrett re-elected as chairman of Foundation Board of Trustees
The SNPA Board of Directors elected four trustees for the SNPA Foundation at its meeting in Charlottesville on Monday, Oct. 6.
The trustees, in turn, elected its officers – also that same morning.
Re-elected as officers of the SNPA Foundation were:
- Chairman: Donna Barrett, president and CEO, Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc., Montgomery, Ala.
Lissa Walls Vahldiek Gregg Jones Walter Hussman Digby Solomon
- Treasurer: Gregg K. Jones, president and CEO of Jones Media in Greeneville, Tenn., and co-publisher of The Greeneville Sun.
Trustees elected to the board were:
- Walter E. Hussman Jr., publisher, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Little Rock.
- Gregg K. Jones.
- Lissa Walls Vahldiek.
- Digby Solomon, president, publisher and CEO, Daily Press, Newport News, Va. (ex-officio)
The other members of the SNPA Foundation Board of Trustees are:
- Steven R. Brandt, president, The Greenville News, Greenville, S.C.
- Todd H. Carpenter, president and chief operating officer, Boone Newspapers, Inc., Natchez, Miss.
- William O. Nutting, vice president, Ogden Newspapers, Wheeling, W.Va.
- David M. Paxton, president and CEO, Paxton Media Group, Paducah, Ky.
- Hal H. Tanner III, president and publisher, The Goldsboro News-Argus, Goldsboro, N.C.