A dozen reasons to head to Nashville
SNPA's 2018 News Industry Summit is not for everybody.
If you've already hit your 2018 revenue goals, you could skip it and experience Nashville any time.
If you know exactly how your company is going to navigate the digital environment and you have a plan in place to counter claims about your credibility, take a vacation instead.
But if your situation mirrors the experience of most newspaper executives ... find a way to be there. Attending this program will pay for itself many times over.
Here are key topics:
- Opportunities for growth and strategies to pay for good journalism.
- Drawing the transformation roadmap, and getting to the desired result.
- How to be a transformative leader.
- Lessons learned by a digital agency.
- What the public expects from the press.
- What Americans know – and don't know – about journalism.
- Best ideas (revenue, cost reduction, staff organization) from SNPA's publisher-to-publisher conferences.
- Recruiting the next-generation sales team.
- Digital disruption in the recorded music industry: what newspapers need to know.
- Why hyper-local news is selling lots of newspapers in Tennessee.
- New avenues for content distribution.
- Video content for YouTube, an upscale magazine for women, and other new lines of business.
And there's much more: live music, a fun reception on a rooftop, an exhibition of products to improve your business, legal updates and lots of opportunity to discuss issues that are important to you with colleagues who share your interests and concerns.
There's even a special rate for first time attendees!
The News Industry Summit will be held at the Nashville Hilton. The group rate is $254 (single or double occupancy). Reserve your room no later than Sept. 19 by calling (615) 620-1000 (Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) or dial 1-800-HILTONS. Rooms are expected to sell out early; you are encouraged to reserve your room as soon as possible.