Join a committee of the new association being formed
While it hasn't officially formed yet, the new association being established by the merger of SNPA and Inland Press Association is already working for you and wants you to get involved.
Six committees are in the planning stages and members are encouraged to volunteer for the committee of their choice. Broad participation from across the membership is being sought.
Committees and their key responsibilities include:
- Assist management in developing and monitoring financial plans, budgets and performance.
- Meet quarterly to review financial performance and assure that the association's finances align with the broad strategic objectives.
- Monitor government, regulatory and First Amendment issues that affect newspapers.
- Align with national and state associations to champion the interests of newspapers.
- Support the association's promise to act as a clear and passionate voice supporting the fundamental role that newspapers play in their local communities.
- The committee, in conjunction with staff, will create strategic marketing initiatives across the association's communication channels and assess their effectiveness.
- Formulate strategies supporting membership growth, outreach and engagement/retention.
- Design policies and initiatives that support those three key elements of its mission.
- Periodically review membership classes, dues and policies/procedures and report back to the board on its activities.
- Work with staff in developing vital and effective events, best practice sharing, relevant and actionable industry research and education.
- Help structure the annual programming plan and monitor member response to those opportunities.
- Identify key industry technology needs, trends and companies that provide solutions to address those trends.
- Meet periodically with those companies to assess emerging technologies and their application to the needs of the membership.
Volunteer for a committee