Databases look at salaries, health scores, SAT scores and more
The Telegraph (Macon, Ga.) believes government should be transparent and held accountable to the public. In order to fulfill this mission, the newspaper is placing a greater emphasis on watchdog journalism through the presentation of online databases.
Recently, the newspaper published:
- School enrollment figures.
- Health scores for local restaurants.
- Crime maps.
- A county breakdown of how each Georgia county voted in the 2014 gubernatorial and U.S. Senate races, as well as voter turnout by county.
- Graduation rates in Bibb and Houston counties.
- Statewide SAT scores from 2014.
- Salaries of local government officials.
- Salaries of local school district employees.
Readers who'd like to suggest additional data they want to see can email the paper at email@example.com.
1 comment on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here
Wednesday, November 19, 2014 Report this