Is your paper ready for a disaster?
The 11 checklists in this disaster guide will help you evaluate your state of readiness and give you a lot to think about in terms of what to prepare for and how to do it.
Planning now will make your staff's Action and Recovery Plan (also outlined in this guide) so much easier.
Sample questions or suggestions include:
- Creating a detailed, room-by-room inventory of everything at the newspaper.
- Know the true business interruption costs if you cannot publish or post online.
- Are there any potential disasters that are not covered by your insurance?
- Which other businesses or newspapers could help you in the face of a disaster? Do you have contact information and/or contracts in place that would allow you to move quickly if you needed their help?
- How will you handle a situation where your building is not impacted but your vendors, staff and supplies are?
Download the guide here.
Additional information: Oklahoma Press Association, (405) 499-0020.