SNPA members elect new officers/directors for 2016-17
Christopher P. Reen, president and publisher of The Oklahoman in Oklahoma City, Okla., has been elected as the next president of SNPA.
SNPA members elected officers for 2016-17 Thursday morning during the News Industry Summit in Sarasota, Fla.
In addition to Reen, the following officers were elected:
- Chairman: David Dunn-Rankin, president, Sun Coast Media Group, Port Charlotte, Fla.
- President-Elect: Les Simpson, publisher of the Amarillo Globe-News in Amarillo, Texas.
- Treasurer: Pamela J. (PJ) Browning, president and publisher, The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C.
|Top row: Eliza Gaines, Tim Burke and Rufus Friday
Second row: Tom Claybaugh, Patrick Dorsey and Jason Taylor
Six directors were elected to three-year terms:
- Eliza Hussman Gaines, vice president of audience development, WEHCO Media Inc., Little Rock, as the director from Arkansas.
- Tim Burke, publisher and editor of The Palm Beach Post, West Palm Beach, the director from Florida.
- Rufus Friday, president and publisher of the Lexington Herald-Leader, the director from Kentucky.
- Thomas Claybaugh, publisher, The Greenville News, Greenville, S.C., the director from South Carolina.
- Patrick Dorsey, president and publisher, Herald-Tribune Media Group, Sarasota, Fla., an at-large director.
- Jason Taylor, president, GateHouse Media Western U.S. Publishing Operations, and president, GateHouse Live! Events, Las Vegas, Nev., an at-large director.
The other members of the SNPA Board of Directors are:
- Paul Barbetta, chief operating officer of the Houston Chronicle, as the director from Texas.
- Patrick Birmingham, president and publisher of the Knoxville News Sentinel, the director from Tennessee.
- Clay Foster, president, publisher and CEO of Journal Inc., in Tupelo, the director from Mississippi.
- Matthew Gray, senior vice president and general counsel of CNHI, the director from Oklahoma.
- Terry H. Jamerson, publisher of The Roanoke Times, the director from Virginia.
- Ricky R. Mathews, president of Advance Media Southeast, the director from Louisiana.
- Derek J. May, executive vice president, Morris Publishing Group, Augusta, the director from Georgia.
- Grant Moise, senior vice president, business development and niche products, The Dallas Morning News, an at-large director.
- Pat Richardson, president and publisher of The Virginian-Pilot in Norfolk, Va., an at-large director.
- Susan Chilton Shumate, publisher of the Charleston Gazette-Mail, the director from West Virginia.
- Pam Siddall, president of Advance Central Services, the director from Alabama.
- David Woronoff, publisher of The Pilot in Southern Pines, the director from North Carolina.