2018 News Industry Summit
Wednesday, Oct. 10 - Friday, Oct. 12
SNPA's 2018 News Industry Summit is not for everybody.
If you've already hit your 2018 revenue goals, you could skip it and experience Nashville any time.
If you know exactly how your company is going to navigate the digital environment and you have a plan in place to counter claims about your credibility, take a vacation instead.
But if your situation mirrors the experience of most newspaper executives ... find a way to be there. Attending this program will pay for itself many times over.
Here are key topics:
- Opportunities for growth and strategies to pay for good journalism.
- Drawing the transformation roadmap, and getting to the desired result.
- How to be a transformative leader.
- Lessons learned by a digital agency.
- What the public expects from the press.
- What Americans know – and don't know – about journalism.
- Best ideas (revenue, cost reduction, staff organization) from SNPA's publisher-to-publisher conferences.
- Recruiting the next-generation sales team.
- Digital disruption in the recorded music industry: what newspapers need to know.
- Why hyper-local news is selling lots of newspapers in Tennessee.
- New avenues for content distribution.
- Video content for YouTube, an upscale magazine for women, and other new lines of business.
And there's much more: live music, a fun reception on a rooftop, an exhibition of products to improve your business, legal updates and lots of opportunity to discuss issues that are important to you with colleagues who share your interests and concerns.
There's even a special rate for first time attendees!
The News Industry Summit will be held at the Nashville Hilton. The SNPA room block at the Hilton has been released, but the hotel might have rooms available at its standard pricing. To check availability, call the hotel at (615) 620-1000 (Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) or dial 1-800-HILTONS.
There are many hotels in and around downtown Nashville. To shop for the best available rate, check your favorite travel website like hotels.com and Travelocity.com
During the News Industry Summit, GateHouse Media CEO Kirk Davis will address how the GateHouse business model is evolving to build a sustainable future for local journalism.
In his discussion, he will address news and content innovation, building new revenue streams and the strategic way GateHouse is pursuing efficiencies. GateHouse Media parent, New Media Investment Group, has invested nearly $1 billion in local media in just 4 1/2 years. While the company has grown appreciably, Davis will explain how local journalism and quality remain at the forefront of their mission.
Learn from our conference sponsors and exhibitors:
- Special Evening Event Sponsor and Exhibitor - AMG │ Parade
- Platinum Sponsor, Welcome Reception Sponsor and Exhibitor - Southern Lithoplate
- Thursday Awards Lunch Sponsor, Registration Bag Sponsor and Exhibitor - Site Impact
- Gold Sponsor and Exhibitor - Publication Printers
- Silver Sponsor and Exhibitor - Adpay
- Silver Sponsor, Welcome Reception Sponsor and Exhibitor - Brainworks
- Bronze Sponsor and Exhibitor - Creative Circle Media Solutions
- Bronze Sponsor and Exhibitor - Interlink
- Bronze Sponsor and Exhibitor - Newzware - ICANON
- Bronze Sponsor and Exhibitor - NTVB Media
- Bronze Sponsor and Exhibitor - TownNews.com
- Bronze Sponsor and Exhibitor - Vision Data
- Lanyards Sponsor and Exhibitor - AdCellerant
- Wi-Fi Sponsor - LEAP Media Solutions
- Hotel Keycards Sponsor - Newscycle
- Welcome Reception Sponsor - Cribb, Greene & Cope
- Welcome Reception Sponsor - Dirks, Van Essen, Murray & April
- Welcome Reception Sponsor - PAGE Cooperative
- Media Sponsor - Editor & Publisher