SNPA presents Print Quality Contest Awards at Annual Meeting
The Southern Newspaper Publishers Association recognized excellence in newspaper printing at the News Industry Summit in Nashville, Tenn. First-place awards in the SNPA Print Quality Contest were presented to the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette (Little Rock), Richmond Times-Dispatch (Richmond, Va.), The Free Lance-Star (Fredericksburg, Va.) and the Bristol Herald Courier (Bristol, Va.).
Newspapers were judged in four circulation categories: under 25,000 circulation; 25,001-50,000; 50,001-100,000; and over 100,000. Judges evaluated entries only for those quality attributes that can be objectively measured: black ink density and uniformity, color ink density and uniformity, color register, page alignment, litho defects and other defects.
2018 Print Quality Contest Winners:
In the Under 25,000 circulation category:
- First place: Bristol Herald Courier, Bristol, Va.
- Second place: Bluefield Daily Telegraph, Bluefield, Va.
- Third place (tie): Asheville Citizen Times, Asheville, N.C., and The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va.
In the 25,001 - 50,000 circulation category:
- First place: The Free Lance-Star, Fredericksburg, Va.
- Second place: Charlotte Sun, Port Charlotte, Fla.
- Third place: Winston-Salem Journal, Winston-Salem, N.C.
In the 50,001 - 100,000 circulation category:
- First place: Richmond Times-Dispatch, Richmond, Va.
- Second place: Sarasota Herald-Tribune, Sarasota, Fla.
- Third place: Plano Star Courier, Plano, Texas
In the Over 100,000 circulation category:
- First place: Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Little Rock, Ark.
- Second place (tie): The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, Texas, and Al Dia, Dallas, Texas
Marked newspapers and judges' evaluation forms will be mailed to all participating newspapers next week.
Say congratulations in the comment section below!