Date posted: 9/21/17
The Lexington (NC) Dispatch is hiring an Advertising Sales Manager to lead our dynamic sales team. We’re seeking a leader who loves sales, knows Lexington/Davidson County, enjoys supporting and leading by example, and is a great human being. Someone who cares both about the staff and the bottom line, who knows that every department and every person in the organization is important, and who brings a passion to work.
Reporting directly to our Publisher, the Ad Manager will lead, coach and inspire a diverse and talented team and be responsible for overall growth and profitability of the display/digital sales department, including events and promotions. A successful candidate will establish sales goals, identify new markets and coordinate logistics associated with all of our products and services. Must:
• Understand the Davidson County market and be able to identify local prospects;
• Develop and grow special products and services;
• Communicate effectively and demonstrate excellent closing skills
• Lead by example
• Enjoy developing team members
• Regularly go on sales calls with account executives;
• Bring a positive attitude and sense of humor to work every day
• Enjoy sales and enjoy motivating staff to sell
• Respect the various talents of others and understand that the organization only succeeds because of the efforts of people in a wide variety of positions
Ideal candidates will have a solid background in advertising across multiple platforms including both print and digital solutions. Strong track record of success in sales management and leadership. Experience with staff recruitment, retention, training and team-building.
We offer a competitive compensation plan, which includes a base salary, plus eligibility for growth and performance bonuses, and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, and a 401(k).