Date posted: 5/1/19
Lakeway Publishers Inc., in Morristown, Tenn., is seeking to fill the position of VP Circulation. This position will direct the print and digital subscription distribution and audience development for the company and assists the Publisher in the execution of his duties.
The individual will be responsible for providing direction on the acquisition and retention of subscribers, distribution of the printed newspaper, leadership of a team of employees aimed at growing audience, coordination of audience growth efforts with other departments, and other supervisory duties, as assigned. Additional responsibility to oversee the distribution of Special Publications, including Civil War Publications. As VP of Circulation, oversee the effort and implementation of Circulation goals and expense for newspapers in Middle TN, Virginia and Missouri.
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
• Grow and maintain subscription revenue, both print and digital, through developing local audiences and implementation of corporate initiatives, including planning and forecasting audience and revenue.
• Direct organization of independent contractors in providing high levels of consistent customer service.
• Optimize resources to provide acceptable levels of service and performance for controlling expenses and managing to budgeted levels.
• Provide clear departmental direction to achieve goals through management of day-to-day operations.
• Develop professional skills in departmental employees through selection, hiring, training, coaching and motivation.
• Maintains or oversees accurate record-keeping, including Alliance for Audited Media (AAM) reporting, tracking of expenses and performance of staff.
• Prepare, own and track revenue and expense budget each fiscal year and provide ongoing forecasting for the department.
• Assists Publisher in coordination of audience initiatives with other departments.
• Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Other job duties as assigned.
• PC skills, including: word processing, Excel and the ability to use proprietary database and budgeting systems.
• Requires basic mathematical skills and the ability to compute and interpret data.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to follow instructions both written and oral, and to solve problems with multiple variables.
• Ability to read, analyze, interpret and write reports and effectively present information to employees and the public.
• Valid driver's license and current automobile insurance.