Date posted: 6/20/19
GateHouse Media is seeking a General Manager for our group of suburban Philadelphia newspapers and related digital products.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of goal attainment, overcoming challenges and the aptitude to build and sustain strong collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization to effectively influence decision-making, utilizing exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
This key position is based in our Langhorne, Penn., location and will be responsible to achieve and surpass the company’s budgeted revenue and EBITDA, provide effective change leadership within a highly consolidated and corporate matrix organizational structure, have a strong customer-first focus and a firm understanding of the changing digital-media landscape and the opportunities and impacts to our business. The General Manager is also responsible for working with corporate functional leaders in the areas of finance, circulation and production; so that they align with our mission to deliver the best local print and digital products that serve the needs of our advertisers and readers while maintaining an exceptional level of customer service and professionalism.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Create a working environment that embraces change, empowers and encourages innovation
• Works directly with local departmental leaders, RVP to achieve company objectives in collaboration with corporate functional leaders.
• Provide appropriate mix of direction and strategy. Collaborates with the corporate functional leaders on strategy, innovation, etc. to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients
• Evaluates the market to develop and implement cost-effective sales marketing strategies
• Ensure achievement of financial objectives, including revenue, expense and operating profit for all sites of responsibility /oversight working in collaboration with Regional Vice President and local Finance Director
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of all GateHouse Media sales and marketing assets, including all newspaper products, digital products and digital marketing services (Thrive Hive)
• Effectively communicates with Regional Vice President to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-). Including an active role in annual budgeting process and monthly/weekly reporting
• Maintains the highest levels of personal and professional behavior in the workplace and in the market and is active in the community, striving to continuously strengthen, repair or build relationships with readers and advertisers
• Understands the changing media landscape and can adapt strategies to address market and consumer change
• Demonstrated track record of effective leadership, creating a positive, motivating, and productive team environment; thrives on leading change
• Able to effectively manage and collaborate in an environment of accountability
• Demonstrates strong competitive instincts and intellectual curiosity
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations
• Strong networking and community involvement skills
• Strong time management and follow up skills
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Finance, or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience in media related business.
• Minimum of five years and demonstrated success in a top leadership role
• Media leadership experience, innovation and goal achievement including setting goals and top priorities, and empowering teams to succeed
• Experience working in industries undergoing substantial change and transformation; demonstrating a successful turnaround or transformation.
• Prior experience in digital sales and marketing highly desirable
This position offers a competitive salary, bonus opportunities and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life, STD, LTD, and 401k.
Interested candidates should apply to: email@example.com