Eight executives selected for 2015-16
Eight executives from SNPA member newspapers have been selected to participate in SNPA's 2015-16 NEX GEN class. They will be paired with experienced industry experts in a structured mentorship program.
Selected for participation are:
- Shannon Casas, metro editor, The Times, Gainesville, Ga.
- Eliza Gaines, vice president of audience development, WEHCO Media, Little Rock, Ark.
- Amy Imthurn, director of sales, The Dallas Morning News, Dallas, Texas
- Lison Joseph, enterprise editor, LNP Media Group, Lancaster, Penn.
- Laura Ray, digital media director, Savannah Morning News, Savannah, Ga.
- Liza Roberts, editor and general manager, Walter magazine, The News and Observer, Raleigh, N.C.
- Nate Rodriguez, senior director of advertising/classified, agency, niche and magazines, Las Vegas Review-Journal, Las Vegas, Nev.
- Bobby Youngs, digital specialist lead, The Charlotte Observer, Charlotte, N.C.
SNPA Executive Director Edward VanHorn said that the association looked at new areas of expertise in its search for mentors as preparations were made to launch the NEX GEN program for its third year.
"SNPA expanded its search for mentors to include an even broader range of print and digital executive-level skills – sales and marketing, audience and content development, innovation and planning," VanHorn said. "We were not surprised when some of the brightest talent in the industry volunteered to serve as mentors. As a result of their participation, SNPA received a record number of applications from newspapers that wanted their very talented employees to participate in this remarkable opportunity for professional growth. SNPA is proud to sponsor this extraordinary program, and excited that so many newspapers see its value."
To read bios of 2015-16 NEX GEN participants, click here.