SNPA and Inland consider merger
The SNPA Board of Directors has voted to explore the possibility of a merger with the Inland Press Association.
Here's why the Board is considering this.
In this time of significant change, there is a critical need for an industry association that provides voice and focus equal to the challenges of our new reality. We believe this combination would do that.
Over the next few months, an exploratory committee will develop a proposal to present to the SNPA and Inland boards. This proposal will include a business plan, branding and marketing details, governance, structure, and details about staffing, funding and dues.
If both boards approve the proposal, both the SNPA and Inland memberships will be asked to vote on the plan.
SNPA's representatives on the exploratory committee are:
- Chris Reen, co-chairman, publisher of The Gazette in Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Charles Hill Morris, regional manager, Morris Multimedia, Atlanta, Ga.
- Bill Barker, Southeast regional president, USA Today Network and Local iQ, Naples, Fla.
- David Dunn-Rankin, president, D-R Media, Venice, Fla.
- Edward VanHorn, executive director, SNPA
The SNPA Board welcomes your input as these discussions continue.