Les Simpson nominated as president of SNPA for 2017-18
Lester T. Simpson, publisher of the Amarillo (Texas) Globe-News, will be nominated during the SNPA-Inland Annual Meeting to be the next president of SNPA.
SNPA members will elect officers for 2017-18 on Monday afternoon, Sept. 11, in Colorado Springs, Colo.
In addition to Simpson, the following nominations will be made for officers:
- Chairman: Chris Reen, president and publisher, The Oklahoman Media Co., Oklahoma City, Okla.
- President-Elect: P.J. Browning, president and publisher, The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C.
- Treasurer: Patrick Dorsey, president and publisher, Sarasota Herald-Tribune, Sarasota, Fla.
Eight newspaper executives will be nominated to seats on the SNPA Board of Directors:
|Top row: Bill Barker, Kevin Denny, Mike Fishman and Matthew Gray
Second row: Terry Jamerson, Tim Prince, Lucy Talley and Leonard Woolsey
Nominees for the Board of Directors are:
- Tim Prince, president and publisher of the Shelby County Reporter in Columbiana, as the director from Alabama.
- Kevin Denny, vice president and general manager, Advance Central Services Southeast, the director from Louisiana.
- R. Michael Fishman, publisher and editor of the Citizen Tribune in Morristown, Tenn., the director from Tennessee.
- Matthew Gray, senior vice president/general counsel, Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc., the director from Oklahoma.
- Leonard Woolsey, president and publisher, Galveston County Daily News, the director from Texas.
- Terry Jamerson, publisher, The Roanoke Times, the director from Virginia.
- Lucy Talley, regional vice president, GateHouse Media, Gastonia, N.C., an at-large director.
- Bill Barker, president and publisher, Naples Daily News, Naples, Fla., an at-large director.
It's not too late to register for the Sept. 10-12 Annual Meeting:
- View the conference program
- Reserve a hotel room: The Broadmoor is sold out. Please contact Karla Zander at the Inland Press Association at (847) 795-0380 for assistance with hotel reservations.
- View a list of attendees registered for the Annual Meeting
- Register to attend
- Register as a sponsor or exhibitor
- Meet our sponsors and exhibitors