Les Simpson elected president of SNPA for 2017-18
Lester T. Simpson, publisher of the Amarillo (Texas) Globe-News, was elected president of SNPA for 2017-18 on Monday afternoon during the SNPA-Inland Annual Meeting.
In addition to Simpson, the following executives were elected as SNPA officers:
Chairman: Chris Reen, president and publisher, The Oklahoman Media Co., Oklahoma City, Okla.
President-Elect: P.J. Browning, president and publisher, The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C.
Treasurer: Patrick Dorsey, president and publisher, Sarasota Herald-Tribune, Sarasota, Fla.
Eight newspaper executives were elected to seats on the SNPA Board of Directors:
|Top row: Bill Barker, Kevin Denny, Mike Fishman and Matthew Gray
Second row: Terry Jamerson, Tim Prince, Lucy Talley and Leonard Woolsey
Elected to the Board of Directors were:
- Tim Prince, president and publisher of the Shelby County Reporter in Columbiana, as the director from Alabama.
- Kevin Denny, vice president and general manager, Advance Central Services Southeast, the director from Louisiana.
- R. Michael Fishman, publisher and editor of the Citizen Tribune in Morristown, Tenn., the director from Tennessee.
- Matthew Gray, senior vice president/general counsel, Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc., the director from Oklahoma.
- Leonard Woolsey, president and publisher, Galveston County Daily News, the director from Texas.
- Terry Jamerson, publisher, The Roanoke Times, the director from Virginia.
- Bill Barker, president and publisher, Naples Daily News, Naples, Fla., an at-large director.
- Lucy Talley, regional vice president, GateHouse Media, Gastonia, N.C., an at-large director.
KeywordsSNPA, Board of Directors, Simpson, Reen, Browning, Dorsey, Barker, Denny, Gray, Jamerson, May, Prince, Talley, Woolsey, Fishman
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here