Les Simpson elected president of SNPA for 2017-18
Lester T. Simpson, publisher of the Amarillo (Texas) Globe-News, was elected president of SNPA for 2017-18 on Monday afternoon during the SNPA-Inland Annual Meeting.
In addition to Simpson, the following executives were elected as SNPA officers:
Chairman: Chris Reen, president and publisher, The Oklahoman Media Co., Oklahoma City, Okla.
President-Elect: P.J. Browning, president and publisher, The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C.
Treasurer: Patrick Dorsey, president and publisher, Sarasota Herald-Tribune, Sarasota, Fla.
Eight newspaper executives were elected to seats on the SNPA Board of Directors:
|Top row: Bill Barker, Kevin Denny, Mike Fishman and Matthew Gray
Second row: Terry Jamerson, Tim Prince, Lucy Talley and Leonard Woolsey
Elected to the Board of Directors were:
- Tim Prince, president and publisher of the Shelby County Reporter in Columbiana, as the director from Alabama.
- Kevin Denny, vice president and general manager, Advance Central Services Southeast, the director from Louisiana.
- R. Michael Fishman, publisher and editor of the Citizen Tribune in Morristown, Tenn., the director from Tennessee.
- Matthew Gray, senior vice president/general counsel, Community Newspaper Holdings, Inc., the director from Oklahoma.
- Leonard Woolsey, president and publisher, Galveston County Daily News, the director from Texas.
- Terry Jamerson, publisher, The Roanoke Times, the director from Virginia.
- Bill Barker, president and publisher, Naples Daily News, Naples, Fla., an at-large director.
- Lucy Talley, regional vice president, GateHouse Media, Gastonia, N.C., an at-large director.
Read about elections of SNPA Foundation officers and trustees.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here