SNPA members elect new officers/directors for 2016-17
Christopher P. Reen, president and publisher of The Oklahoman in Oklahoma City, Okla., has been elected as the next president of SNPA.
SNPA members elected officers for 2016-17 Thursday morning during the News Industry Summit in Sarasota, Fla.
In addition to Reen, the following officers were elected:
- Chairman: David Dunn-Rankin, president, Sun Coast Media Group, Port Charlotte, Fla.
- President-Elect: Les Simpson, publisher of the Amarillo Globe-News in Amarillo, Texas.
- Treasurer: Pamela J. (PJ) Browning, president and publisher, The Post and Courier, Charleston, S.C.
|Top row: Eliza Gaines, Tim Burke and Rufus Friday
Second row: Tom Claybaugh, Patrick Dorsey and Jason Taylor
Six directors were elected to three-year terms:
- Eliza Hussman Gaines, vice president of audience development, WEHCO Media Inc., Little Rock, as the director from Arkansas.
- Tim Burke, publisher and editor of The Palm Beach Post, West Palm Beach, the director from Florida.
- Rufus Friday, president and publisher of the Lexington Herald-Leader, the director from Kentucky.
- Thomas Claybaugh, publisher, The Greenville News, Greenville, S.C., the director from South Carolina.
- Patrick Dorsey, president and publisher, Herald-Tribune Media Group, Sarasota, Fla., an at-large director.
- Jason Taylor, president, GateHouse Media Western U.S. Publishing Operations, and president, GateHouse Live! Events, Las Vegas, Nev., an at-large director.
The other members of the SNPA Board of Directors are:
- Paul Barbetta, chief operating officer of the Houston Chronicle, as the director from Texas.
- Patrick Birmingham, president and publisher of the Knoxville News Sentinel, the director from Tennessee.
- Clay Foster, president, publisher and CEO of Journal Inc., in Tupelo, the director from Mississippi.
- Matthew Gray, senior vice president and general counsel of CNHI, the director from Oklahoma.
- Terry H. Jamerson, publisher of The Roanoke Times, the director from Virginia.
- Ricky R. Mathews, president of Advance Media Southeast, the director from Louisiana.
- Derek J. May, executive vice president, Morris Publishing Group, Augusta, the director from Georgia.
- Grant Moise, senior vice president, business development and niche products, The Dallas Morning News, an at-large director.
- Pat Richardson, president and publisher of The Virginian-Pilot in Norfolk, Va., an at-large director.
- Susan Chilton Shumate, publisher of the Charleston Gazette-Mail, the director from West Virginia.
- Pam Siddall, president of Advance Central Services, the director from Alabama.
- David Woronoff, publisher of The Pilot in Southern Pines, the director from North Carolina.
KeywordsSNPA, Board of Directors, Reen, Oklahoma City, Dunn-Rankin, Port Charlotte, Simpson, Amarillo, Browning, Charleston, Gaines, Little Rock, Burke, West Palm Beach, Friday, Lexington, Claybaugh, Greenville, Dorsey, Sarasota, Taylor, GateHouse, Barbetta, Houston, Birmingham, Knoxville, Foster, Tupelo, Gray, CNHI, Jamerson, Roanoke, Mathews, Advance, May, Morris, Moise, Dallas, Richardson, Norfolk, Shumate, Siddall, Advance, Wornoff, Southern Pines
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here