Resolve to stay connected with SNPA
As we begin a new year, the SNPA staff wishes each of our members a prosperous New Year!
We look forward to talking with you:
- In person at SNPA events.
- Online at SNPA.org, through our Facebook page, through our LinkedIn group (Southern Newspaper Publishers Association) and Twitter (@CindyDurhamSNPA).
- And, hope you will call on us throughout the year: (404) 256-0444.
SNPA President Tom Silvestri is encouraging all members to spend 10 minutes a day with SNPA. Here are some suggestions for 2014:
- Make a phone call to a fellow SNPA member or to an SNPA staff member. SNPA is the premier networking opportunity for publishers and executives from daily and non-daily newspapers and the companies that do business with newspapers. Resolve to stay connected this year!
- Meet us in Las Vegas for the Key Executives Mega-Conference.
- Plan to attend the News Industry Summit, Oct. 6-8 in Charlottesville, Va.
- Come to Galveston, Sept. 14-16 for the Carmage Walls Leadership Forum – specially designed for smaller-circulation newspapers.
- Read the eBulletin every Thursday afternoon to stay up-to-date on SNPA and industry news. And send us your news for the eBulletin!
- Join the SNPA committee of your choice.
- Take part in a webinar. For just $35, you can let a roomful of staff members receive the low-cost, highly-effective training that they need.
- Share your GREAT IDEAS with SNPA. And, make money from the ideas shared by other members.
- Take part in the SNPA salary survey. Questionnaires will be available in mid-January.
- Enter an SNPA contest – recognize the great work your staff is doing; prizes are an added bonus! Contests in 2014 will include: Photo Contest, Carmage Walls Commentary Prize, Print Quality Contest and more.
How will you connect today?
The Naples (Fla.) Daily News has won a National Edward R. Murrow Award for Feature Reporting in the category of Online News Organizations for the multimedia effort, "Little Man and the Pursuit of Happiness."
The paper's award-winning print and online series documented Ethan Arbelo's battle with terminal brain cancer until his death in July 2014 at age 12.
Naples Daily News photojournalist Dania Maxwell was honored with the Murrow Award – which typically recognizes broadcast journalists – for her documentary film that was part of the paper's online coverage.
Maxwell's video also was recognized last fall as the GRAND PRIZE winner in SNPA's Photo / Video Contest. Entries in the 2015 contest are being accepted now. The deadline for entries is just two weeks away – July 13. (Learn more about the SNPA Photo / Video Contest and submit your entries)More
Gannett Co., Inc. has completed the previously announced spin-off transaction, creating two publicly traded companies. The new Gannett, with a portfolio of 92 domestic media markets, Newsquest, a leading UK regional news publisher and the flagship national brand USA TODAY, is led by chief executive officer Robert Dickey, former president of the Gannett U.S. Community Publishing Division.More
The kick-off to the SEC football season is just around the corner, and GateHouse Media's Center for News and Design will provide customers a 15-week series of paginated pages focused on capsules and highlights from across the conference.More