P.J. Browning nominated as president of SNPA for 2018-19
P.J. Browning, publisher of The Post and Courier in Charleston, S.C., will be nominated during the SNPA News Industry Summit to be the next president of SNPA.
SNPA members will elect officers for 2018-19 on Wednesday afternoon, Oct. 10, in Nashville, Tenn.
In addition to Browning, the following nominations will be made for officers:
- Chairman: Patrick Dorsey, publisher, Austin American-Statesman, Austin, Texas, and regional vice president, GateHouse Media, Florida and Alabama.
- President-Elect: Tim Burke, publisher of The Palm Beach Post and Palm Beach Daily News, West Palm Beach, Fla., and group publisher, GateHouse Media.
- Treasurer: Nat Lea, president and CEO, WEHCO Media, Little Rock, Ark.
Pictured above: Pat Dorsey, Tim Burke and Nat Lea
SNPA Board of Directors
Pictured above (top row): Mike Gebhart, James Paxton, Kenny Denny and William Bronson
Second row: Mike Fishman, Brian Jarvis, Marisa Porto and Judi Terzotis
Eight newspaper executives will be nominated to seats on the SNPA Board of Directors:
- Mike Gebhart, executive vice president, Southern Community Newspapers, Lawrenceville, Ga., as the director from Georgia.
- James Paxton, vice president/controller, Paxton Media Group, Paducah, Ky., as the director from Kentucky.
- Kevin Denny, vice president and general manager, Advance Central Services Southeast, New Orleans, La., the director from Louisiana.
- William Bronson, CEO, publisher and president, Journal Inc., Tupelo, Miss., the director from Mississippi.
- R. Michael Fishman, publisher and editor of the Citizen Tribune in Morristown, Tenn., the director from Tennessee.
- Brian Jarvis, president and owner, NCWV Media, Clarksburg, W.Va., the director from West Virginia.
- Marisa Porto, publisher and editor-in-chief, Daily Press, Newport News, Va., an at-large director.
- Judi Terzotis, president, The Advocate, Baton Rouge, La., an at-large director.
It's not too late to register for the Oct. 10-12 Annual Meeting:
- View the conference program
- Reserve a hotel room: The News Industry Summit will be held at the Nashville Hilton. The SNPA room block at the Hilton has been released, but the hotel might have rooms available at its standard pricing. To check availability, call the hotel at (615) 620-1000 (Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) or dial 1-800-HILTONS. There are many hotels in and around downtown Nashville. To shop for the best available rate, check your favorite travel website like hotels.com and Travelocity.com
- View a list of attendees registered for the Annual Meeting
- Register to attend
- Register as a sponsor or exhibitor
- Meet our sponsors and exhibitors